Location : Bangkok
Project owner : Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand
Year : 1999 - 2003
The MRTA Chaloem Ratchamongkhon Line was a heavy rail transit system covering a route of 20 km, with 18 stations, from Hua Lamphong to Bang Sue. The system had a capability of transporting 40,000 passengers per hour per direction. The system was fully underground with at-grade depot located at the middle of the route, Huai Khwang, and had a park and ride facility for 2,200 cars at the intersection of Lad Phrao and Ratchada Phisek Road.
The Concession Agreement will cover the design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the M&E Equipments, of which are Rolling Stocks, Signalling, Public Address, Closed Circuit Televisions, Clocks, Telephones, Radio, Communication Bearers, SCADA,Automatic Fare Collecting machines, Power Supply, Graphics and Signage, Platform Screen Doors, Control Centre Equipments and Software, Maintenance Equipments and Special Tools, Depot Building, Depot and Administration Support Equipments and the operation and maintenance of MRTA Initial System through out the concession period.
The consultant was responsible for the main tasks as follows :-
- Monitoring and reporting of the Concessionaire's works including, any breach of the Concessionaire Agreement by the Concessionaire, any actual or potential claims against the Owner arising from the works by the Concessionaire or third parties, any potential problems which may impact the safety, schedule progress or cost of the works.
- To recommend corrective or remedial actions to prevent, resolve, counter or mitigate the effects of the deviations or problems.
- To review, comment and report on the Concessionaire's Quality Assurance Plans, System Operating Plans and Safety Plans.
- To review and confirm non-objection or objection as the case may be, of the submitted Outlined Designs by Concessionaire.
- To facilitate design co-ordination between the Concessionaire and Designated Contractors.
- To review, comment, recommend and monitor the progress of the Concessionaire's installation, testing and commissioning works including the approval of the Concessionaire's installation, testing and commissioning programs and progress of works.
- Monitor and report on the Concessionaire's compliance with the quality assurance, safety and environmental protection plans.
- From time to time entering any part or construction site to observe the installation works, tests of materials, equipment or plant carried out by the Concessionaire whether the same are or liable to become unsafe or dangerous.
- Advising the Owner on the implications of proposed variations to Owner's requirements and discussing the same as necessary with the Concessionaire,
- To review test and commissioning reports arising from system integration tests, test running and trial running including the preparation of report on the state of readiness of the completed railway for revenue service.