Location : Hermaraj Industrial Estate, Chonburi
Project owner : N.T.S Steel Group PCL. , Subsidiary Company of Tata Steel (Thailand) PCL.
Year : 2008 - 2009
The NTS Mini Blast Furnace was the first and the upstream hot metal industrial. The production plant had hot metal capacity of 500,000 Metric ton per year.
The Process Equipment &Tool & Technology Transfer Contract covered the design, supply, installation and testing, commissioning, training, starts up production of the hot metal production plant and hot metal production technology transfer.
The Civil/Structural Works Contract covered the design, construction and erection and installation of process buildings, equipment and tool of the hot metal production plant.
The Process Utilities System Contract covered the design, supply, installation and testing and commissioning of the Process Utilities/Facilities System Equipment, of which are HVAC, De-dusting, Sanitary, Storm-water Drainage, Fire Fighting, Chemical Wastewater Treatment, Power Supply, Telephones, Closed Circuit Televisions, Process Cooling Water, Compressed Dry Air, Bulk Gases, DI Water, Automation System and 15 MW BF Gas Turbine Power Plant.
The consultant was responsible for the main tasks as follows:-
- Monitoring and reporting of the Turnkey Contractor's works including, any breach of the Contract No. 1&2 by the Turnkey Contractor, any actual or potential claims against the Owner arising from the works by the Turnkey Contractor or third parties, any potential problems which may impact the safety, schedule progress or cost of the works,
- To recommend corrective or remedial actions to prevent, resolve, counter or mitigate the effects of the deviations or problems,
- To review, comment on the Turnkey Contractor Quality Assurance Plans, Safety Plans and Project Construction Plans,
- To review and comment of submitted Designs by Turnkey Contractor,
- To supervision, review, comment, recommend and monitor the progress of the Turnkey Contractor installation and testing works,
- From time to time entering all construction site to supervision the installation works, tests of materials, equipment or plant carried out by the Turnkey Contractor whether the same are or liable to become unsafe or dangerous,
- Clarify and advising the Owner on the implications of proposed variations to Owner's requirements and discussing the same as necessary with the Turnkey Contractor.